Sunday, January 15, 2012

Make it delicious

I wasn't introduced to muffins until my entry into North America, and when the intro was made I was instantly hooked.  I know my instant admiration of this yummy breakfast or snack was manifested because there are so many variations of this food. You have the ability to make them as healthy or as dessert like or unhealthy as you like.  You can add just about anything to them; you know-nuts and bolts, bits and pieces, anything but the kitchen sink, and with a little creativity you can arrive at your own muffin wonder:)


Last week I got a craving for blue berry muffins, the moist, warm out of the oven with full steam ahead like a choo choo train. This time around I changed things up a bit and added the brown sugar and margarine directly to the dry ingredients; the eggs with milk were folded in at the end I think doing this delivered a sponge like texture of beautiful muffins that bounced back like the springs on a diving board to create...well, take a look. 



 Moist Blue Berry Muffins

Preheat Oven to 350
Baking time: 20-25 mins
Makes 12 muffins

Mix the following ingredients:
¾ cup brown sugar
2 cups baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
Add – ¾ cup margarine to the dry mixture and blend by hand or spoon into a crumbly texture. Add1 ½ cups frozen blueberries

Beat together and add to the dry mixture:
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
 1 ½ cups milk
Fold liquid into dry until fully combined. (do not stir)
Greased muffin tins and pour enough mixture to fill the muffin cups.
Bake, and serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment