Thursday, May 30, 2013

Delicious is an understatement

If you've spent any time reading my posts, you'll know that I am a huge fan of anything made with flour. Yeah, I'm hooked, and I think it stems back to my childhood.  You see, I had an amazingly close relationship with my dad and he taught me how to bake bread - no, not with a bread machine...are you kidding me?  Aside from that connection, rest assured that every Saturday like clock work, there's bread baking in the oven at our home. 

I said all that to talk about this scrumptious looking sandwich. I've tried making a lot of different variation of sandwiches, but this one flew off the richter scale big time, and the best part is - it's a new born creation. Full of fresh, healthy ingredients to awaken your taste buds, and provide a full 100% satisfaction guarantee.   

Al-right, don't be fixated with the picture, see the recipe below and go make yourself one; oh, and share your thoughts with me after.
Toasted vegetarian sour-dough sandwich 

What you'll need:
2 slices sour-dough bread
1 tbsp Coconut oil, or margarine or butter
1/2 avocado mashed
3 slices tomato
Old age cheddar cheese (or your preference) 
2 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped
1 thin slice of sweet onion

Putting it together:
Warm frying pan just below medium heat
Apply coconut oil or margarine or butter evenly to the outside of bread
Place the buttered side in heated pan and spread the avocado onto the bread. 
Put the remaining ingredients on top.
Top off with other slice of bread (with the buttered side facing up)
Press down with a spatula, and flip after 2-3 minutes or once the bottom is brown and the cheese begins to melt.
Complete the browning process, remove from pan, slice and devour.

Here's the thing, this sandwich doesn't need mayonnaise or meat to make it yummy. Go ahead give it a try.

To your health and enjoyment!


No comments:

Post a Comment