Sunday, June 16, 2013

Slamin' T Bone Sandwich

Ever get tired of eating the same ole tuna, salmon, egg and processed meat sandwiches? and tied of over paying for a mediocre sandwich? I hear ya, and I'm about to share a simple recipe with the wow factor.
First, I have to say my all time favourite sandwich bread is sourdough. I like it for the sourness, size and the texture; perfectly toasted in either a frying pan or a flat skillet - forget the toaster.
Me and my partner had a T-bone steak dinner a few weeks back, and with too much steak (if there's such a thing:), we froze what we couldn't eat. 
I took it out of the freezer and just stared at it - didn't want it with veggies and potato...so I stared, then walla, I decided on a sandwich and my creative juices started to churn, and this is what I came up with.

A hot sandwich that's wickedly delicious.
Now tell me if that picture isn't inspiring you to make one - right now! Well, here's what I created and let me tell you people...it's slamin!

Slamin' T-Bone Sandwich
What you'll need:
2 slices sour-dough bread (or your favorite, but try sour-dough you'll be hooked)
Thinly sliced medium well T-bone steak
3 thinly sliced onions
2 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Hot sauce (optional)
Thinly sliced cheese (stay away from processed)
Dash of Worcestershire sauce

Putting it together
Sauté onions in a bit of olive oil, add sliced steak and Worcestershire sauce, stir and let sit on low-medium heat.
Slightly add margarine, butter, or coconut oil to the outside of bread
Place buttered side on heated pan (medium heat), and add the mayo mix, then a layer of cheese
Place the steak on top add the remaining cheese, top with the other slice of bread with the mayo spread.
Using a spatula press the sandwich down - you should hear it sizzle:)
Once the side is brown and cheese melted, flip and brown the other side.
Remove from pan, cut in half, grab a cold beer and devour.

Send me your comments when you tried this beauty.

To your health and enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment