Saturday, January 7, 2012

An all time sweet treat

Today as a result of the weather being crappy as in aka , cold, wet and windy I figure it's the best time to talk about desserts in this post.  Now, there are certain desserts that goes well with certain weather, or mood and then there are some that fits right in at any time of the day, or season.

I'm talking about oatmeal chocolate coconut cookies. Let me regress for a minute or two to chat about oatmeal - my partner asks; if there were a few food items you are allowed to take on a desert island; what would they be? Well oatmeal is on that limited list. I love oatmeal, besides its healthy benefits it is a diverse food that can be used in every meal of the day; yeah that's right; breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner and dessert.

Enough semi chocolate chips makes this oatmeal coconut chocolate cookie a sweet delight. I've tried and revamped a number of recipes like this, but to date this is by far...yup, giving her five stars all the way.

Moist, with a dash of cinnamon, vanilla essence, and grated coconut adds a Caribbean twist to a regular favourite. 
Moist Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate  Cookies







No comments:

Post a Comment