Monday, March 19, 2012

Juice it Up

Juicing is neither Caribbean, North America, European or Asian. Juicing covers all ethnicities; after all who doesn't enjoy good juice, and no I am not talking about orange juice and vodka or any store bought juice, though Oasis is a juice on the market that is closest to the real thing,  why go there when you can do your own fresh, save dollars and quick to make.

I've been juicing for a number of years and it's vitally important to have an excellent juicer; not a good juicer but an excellent one which means not going cheap and doing your research. To help make things a bit easier for you I've done the research, tried and proven and comes highly recommend.

First there's Waring Pro an excellent juicer with minimal parts, and sturdy - lasted me 9 years.
The only down side is the apples or beets could not be juiced whole - not a big deal, and the second tiny downside I found was not enough pulp was sieve through with the juice extraction. Again, it wasn't a huge deal to me as I loved the machine and the clean up was a snap.

I would have replaced it with the same Waring pro juicer but unfortunately the Waring pro company does not ship outside of the USA, and that's too bad for Waring Pro:)

After much research we decided on Hamilton Beach 800watts big mouth juicer. Besides it being noisy, that's easily cured by placing a dish towel under the machine and issue solved.
We love this machine, no cutting up of the vegetables or fruit, and there's enough pulp within the juice to give it a nice balance, and cleaning up is easy.

Alright, those are my recommendations and for free also. The benefits of juicing are all positive with no negativity in place, trust me on this. Some of the benefits we enjoy from juicing

  • Juice with organic vegetables and fruit
  • rich with Live enzymes and vitamins
  • Fresh raw juice without preservatives
  • A good balance of fibre
  • Great for the skin, eyes, bones, hair, and organs
  • Inexpensive and can be stored for two days in a glass jar while maintaining it's freshness
  • Increased energy
  • Provides 2-4 servings of vegetables (depending on how much you drink)
  • Absolutley delicious



.So now you probably want to know what veggies I juice with, right? Thought so!

Kale, carrots, beets, apple, celery and ginger is my favourite blend. Sometimes I get creative and add other vegetables or fruit, but most of the time I stick with the ones mentioned.  Ok, to your health and drink up.

No comments:

Post a Comment